Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Devil is a liar, and God is NOT!

I occasionally like to watch the History Channel, or Discovery, or one of the other "educational" channels on television. Most of what they have to say is valuable and totally worthwhile, but I occasionally hear something that contradicts the Word of God as expressed in the bible and I wonder what they base their conclusions upon.

It basically boils down to this; either what's in the bible is true and we are wise to base our lives upon it or it's NOT true and we who base our lives upon it are fools!

I choose Curtain #1, Monty!

So, what does it mean when a program on television alleges that the nation of Israel was NOT enslaved in Egypt and basically ransacked the nation of Egypt by force of arms on their way out the door as was alleged on a History Channel program I saw recently? Does it mean that God was mistaken when He said, "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:2-3) Was the entire book of Exodus a huge fabrication? The word "bondage" or a reference to Israel being held in slavery is mentioned 13 times in Exodus! (Exodus 1:11, 2:5, 2:23, 3:7, 5:6, 5:10, 5:13, 5:14, 6:6, 6:9, 13:3, 13:14, and 20:2) Oops! That silly God! He made a boo-boo!

Uhhh....NOT!

Whoever might think that there are 13 references to Israel being held as slaves in Egypt by accident, you may as well call God a liar!

Uhhh....God's not the one who's being disingenuous:

John 8:43 "Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!"

So, according to Jesus, the devil is the source of every lie which means that, if you say God lied in Exodus, He and the devil are one.

Big mistake......HUGE!!!

Maybe the History Channel people ought to go back to the drawing board on that one; their research is lacking in my mind!

No comments: